Santé Mama’s Lactation Center offers products and services to help whether a mother chooses to breastfeed, bottle feed, or combination of both. At Santé Mama we support the American Academy of Pediatrics’ recommendation that breastfeeding is the ideal method of infant feeding, and also realize that it is not always possible for every mother and every baby due to different circumstances and situations beyond your control.
It is our mission to support mothers through all stages of feeding your baby and in whatever feeding method you choose that is right for you.
Breastfeeding can come with challenges especially for first time mothers, that is where our Certified Lactation Consultant can help you personally or in a group setting at our Lactation Support Group. We want to give you the tools for you to gain confidence and skills to have a positive breastfeeding relationship.
At Santé Mama We Provide an Array of Breastfeeding Services
- Lactation Consultations
- Support Groups
- Pump Rental and Sales
- Products and Supplies
- Insurance Billing for Breast Pumps under our Accredited DME
- Customer Service and staff knowledge for product selection
Lactation Consultant Services offered at Santé Mama
Why choose a Lactation Consultant? As a mother, you may need help while your infant learns to breastfeed. Lactation Consultants specialize in the feeding of your baby and the care of your breast while feeding. In choosing a board certified and resisted Lactation Consultant (IBLCLC, RLC) you can be assured that your receive competent and compassionate care from a highly trained professional. Our onsite Lactation Consultant, Martha Suronen, IBCLC, RLC, ICCE, helps mother and baby to find success in their breastfeeding relationship and provides the reassurance some mothers need in those early days or as your baby’s needs change.
- Initial or Extensive personal lactation visits in our lactation room at Santé Mama, which includes access to our baby weigh scale, availability to purchase lactation supplies, fitting for nursing bras, and complete lactation assessment with a feeding plan to take home (90 minutes)
- Focused personal lactation visit ( 60 minutes) this is usually a return visit
- Latch Assessment (30 minutes)
- Flange Fitting
- In home visits upon request
Group and Personalized Education Classes
- Return to work planning
- Care for flat or inverted nipples, pain of breast or nipple
- Extended nursing and weaning
- Low milk supply/poor weight gain in infants
Free Support Groups
- Lactation Support Group- Every Tuesday at 1:30 – 2:30 at Santé Mama, it is the perfect place to get support for feeding your baby, weigh baby, ask questions, and meet with other mama’s that are going through the same things you are.
- New Parent and Breastfeeding Support Group - Every Wednesday at 10:00 to 11:30 at Fisher’s Landing New Seasons 2100 B SE 164th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98683 (map). Hosted by Renaissance Doulas
Come join us for a cup of tea and to meet other families with new babies. Share experiences, get helpful advice and find the resources you need to nurture your baby. Bring your questions about breastfeeding, bottles, slings, crying, nighttime parenting, back -to-work strategies and other early parenting concerns. This program is open to both mothers and fathers.
- Low Milk Supply Moms to Moms Support Group – Second Monday of every month 5:30 – 6:30 PM at Santé Mama . Join other mothers who have dealt with low milk supply for support, information and friendship!
Rentals at Santé Mama
- Breast Pump Rentals and Sales (Available during Boutique Hours and After Hours for Emergency Situations)
- Scale Rental – needing to keep a close eye on baby’s weight ? Scales available for weekly or monthly rentals
Products to help with feeding your baby available in store or online
- Special Needs Feeders and Supplies
- Skin to Skin Carriers
- Bottles and Nipples
Products to help with breastfeeding your baby available in store or online
- Nursing Bra’s and Tanks (with free fitting available during Boutique Hours)
- Breast Pumps
- Medela parts andPpieces
- Quick Clean Bags
- Milk Storage Bags
- Nursing Pillows – Twin sizes available as well
- Nursing Accessories for moms
- Hands Free Pumping Bra
- Nursing Pads
- Skin to Skin Carriers
- Lactation Aid Herbs
If you have questions or specific requests, Contact us here! or give us a call at (360)253-BABY