In Vancouver, WA
Women have complex needs during childbirth and the weeks that follow. In addition to medical care and the love and companionship provided by their partners, women need consistent, continuous reassurance, comfort, encouragement, and respect. They need individualized care based on their circumstances and preferences. Doulas can help to meet these needs.
A Birth Doula is a person trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional, informational, and, often, spiritual support to the mother before, during, and just after childbirth. They offer a loving touch, positioning, and comfort measures that make childbearing women and families feel nurtured and cared for.
A Postpartum Doula helps a woman and her family through the postpartum period, nurturing the parents into their new roles. They do whatever a mother needs to best enjoy and care for her new baby.
The Doula Spirit of care and wisdom is the foundation of Santé Mama. And we are proud to offer doula services through Renaissance Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals.
- Birth Doula Care - Full support through pregnancy and birth
- Postpartum Doula Care - Full spectrum of support for integrating the new family member
- Night Nanny Support - Focusing in baby’s needs, while family can rest
- Multiples Specialist Consultations - Personalized sessions to meet family’s needs
- Twins 101 Class - 4 hour Workshop for the practical side of having multiples